Facts you need to know before the North London derby
Mikel Arteta takes his young Arsenal team to the Totten*am Hotspur Stadium on Thursday evening knowing that a win would guarantee their ticket to the Champions League.
With just three games to play for, the Gunners find themselves four points clear of their arch-rivals. Even if they lose, they will still have the destiny of finishing in the Champions League spot in their own hands.
🏆 Premier League
🕗 7.45pm (UK)
🏟 Tottenham Hotspur Stadium#TOTARS pic.twitter.com/ArXsWD6MUz
— Arsenal (@Arsenal) May 12, 2022
But losing against Antonio Conte’s men won’t be in the minds of the club’s faithful. Majority of them must be looking forward to slicing their throats in their own garden.
Here are some facts that are worth knowing ahead of the blockbuster clash:
- Antonio Conte has won just one of his eight meetings with Arsenal in all competitions (Drawn 4, Lost 3).
- Spu*s have won just one of their past four league matches (Drawn 2, Lost 1)
- Arsenal can complete a first league double over their North London rivals since the 2013/14 campaign.
- A win will secure our highest position in the Premier League since 2015/16, when we finished second.
- Totten*am are unbeaten in their last seven home games against the Gunners (Won 5, Drawn 2)
Talking about current form, Mikel Arteta’s men find themselves positioned slightly better, as they have claimed 12 points from the last 16. Totten*am’s points tally from the last 16 stands at 11.
Arsenal have won the league at Spu*s’ old stadium twice, first in 1971 and then again in their Invincible season in 2004.
Maybe it’s time to win a Champions League ticket in 2022. COYG!